Welcome to the 2019-20 Grady Swim and Dive Team!
2020 APS DIVE CHAMPIONS
Congratulations to our State Team who competed at the 2020 GHSA 1-5A State Swimming and Diving Championships February 7-8! The girls placed 9th and the boys placed 12th! The Girls 400 Free Relay became the first silver medalists in Grady swim team history. Way to go Knights!
9 new team records were set this season:
- Boys 50 Free - Kai McHale (22:24)
- Girls 100 Back - Jory Richardson (59.48)
- Boys 100 Breast - Liam Bray (1:03.07)
- Girls 100 Breast - Wyatt Schroeder (1:14.23)
- Girls 6 Dive - Jenna Ragan (165.05)
- Boys 200 Medley Relay - Keaton Tsepas Bucciero, Liam Bray, Jabbaari Rhoden, Kai McHale (1:43.51)
- Girls 200 Medley Relay - Jory Richardson, Wyatt Schroeder, Sarah Prevost, Ari Ramsey (1:55.96)
- Boys 400 Free Relay - Jabbaari Rhoden, Keaton Tsepas Bucciero, Liam Bray, Kai McHale (3:22.89)
- Girls 400 Free Relay - Jory Richardson, Wyatt Schroeder, Maggie Watkins, Ari Ramsey (3:38.74)
Coach Adrienne, Coach Brad, Coach Matt, and Coach Jing would like to welcome swimmers and divers of all levels to join our highly successful swim and dive program!
We have a dive team this season! If you are a diver and are interested in joining our team, please register through Swimtopia and specify "dive only" or "dive + swim" during your registration.
Team Dues are $50 this season. Included in your dues are all meet fees, a team t-shirt (if registered by the deadline), and a team swim cap. We are also asking families to please support our Booster Club (the Grady ABC) which will cover all expenses not included in your Team Dues, such as team meals, parties and celebrations, coach stipends, end-of-season gifts, etc. All donations go straight to our swim team account. Stay tuned for volunteer opportunities throughout the season to help the ABC raise funds through parking lot fundraisers, etc.
All swimmers are responsible for purchasing a Team Swimsuit. We will have a swimsuit fitting during our Kick-Off meeting on Sept 30, or you may order online at our team store. You are also welcome to purchase your own suit (any solid bright red suit is acceptable) or use your suit from last season. Please contact Coach Adrienne if you need assistance with providing a team suit. We have a new suit this season from Arena, and due to sizing differences from last season we highly recommend attending the fitting before placing your order.
For more information or questions please email Coach Adrienne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Team registration is now closed for the 2019-2020 season.
Here are the steps to register for the team:
- Complete the online registration process through Swimtopia (button in top right corner) - registration deadline is Oct. 4th.
- Pay your team dues through the APS Online School Payment system (click here). Deadline is Nov 9th. Please contact Coach Adrienne (email@example.com) for information about scholarship applications.
- Purchase a team suit at our swimsuit fitting on 9/30, through our team store (click here) or on your own (any solid bright red suit is acceptable).
- Turn in your forms and a copy of your insurance card to Coach Adrienne (room C233) or to Coach Johnson in the Grady PE office (in the lobby of the practice gym).
- Read and sign the Grady Swim Team Commitment Contract and turn in to Coach Adrienne (room C233).
Swimmers/Divers will not be allowed to attend practice until all forms have been turned in.